-

-

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yikes!

We have been so CRAZY busy these past couple months I don't know where to begin. First off we moved, we are still in Kaysville, waiting to hear from the Army and don't know when we will. We have an offer on our house and will be closing on it soon hopefully. But we love our new place! Its a basement apartment with lots of room and a huge yard. And the owners are our very good friends the Rowe's so its doubly great! Our new ward is nice and the neighborhood is awesome. The girls love the Rowe's and their baby boy and two puppies. We had a incident this week that was pretty scary tho..Eleanor had been sick with a fever for two days, I was able to get it down pretty well with Tylenol and Motrin, but on Tuesday it wouldn't go down. Stu had just got home from work and I handed her off to him so I could get something done as I was holding her pretty much all day. She fell asleep on his chest and a while later started jerking around(he thought she was gonna throw up)turns out she was having a seizure from her fever. It was extremely scary. She started loosing color in her face and then turned blue. I called 911 while we tried to keep helping her stay awake and get air. By the time the EM T's got here she was breathing OK, but wouldn't focus on anything and was very lethargic. They checked her out and told us this kind of thing was common with high fevers in small children. They said she looked fine and that we didn't need to take her to the hospital but to make an appointment with her pediatrician to make sure everything was OK. So we did and no damage was done, but she took a few days to get back to her normal crazy self. We are extremely grateful that she is OK and feel very blessed to have a Heavenly Father that is watching over us and loves us, who teaches us things in ways that sometimes we don't understand, but that eventually reveal themselves, and change our perspective for the better. I love my girls, and am truly blessed. In other news Im going to Hawaii on Saturday for a whole week and I couldn't be more excited!! I will post all about it when I get back:)

4 comments:

Randolph-Seng`s said...

Your mom told me about that..How scary, im glad she was ok :) Its hard enough when there sick let alone having a sizer!! Have fun in hawaii what Island are you going to i used to live on Oahu in Kailua?

Scott and Krista said...

My mom told me about that! SO SCARY! I'm so sorry. When we first moved to our apt. we are in now, Kayley had the same thing happen. I have never been more scared in my entire life! I'm glad everything is all good now! Have fun in freakin Hawaii! Thanks for inviting me!

Brittney said...

That is so scary! Moments like that really do change your outlook on life. I'm so glad she is fine now. Take me with you on your trip!

Lisa said...

Holy Crap!!! That is SO scary! I would have freaked out! I'm glad she is ok, did you have a good trip???