-

-

Monday, May 20, 2013

TEXAS

Alright. So I haven't blogged in a super long time. I decided since we will be transitioning soon that I'm going to start back up. We have been in Texas for almost 10 months. And it has been an adventure. I have compiled a list of things I love and don't love about Texas, and some random hilarious observations I have made. Just to give you an idea of what its like. And to be fair, I don't consider this town a "typical" Texas town (we live in Killeen), if we lived in "real" Texas I'm sure there would be a lot more loves than hates.
1. The roads. Hate them. If I don't make it out here alive you can probably blame the roads. Ridiculous.
2. Wild flowers everywhere-lining the highways, in the mediums. Everywhere in the country. Love.
3. The HEAT(no)
4. The humidity(no)
5. The thunderstorms(yes)
6. Whatever pollen, tree, or grass that are giving me the allergies from HELL can go straight there.
7.The people, ALL the people. There are a lot of them..from all over the world, and I love the diversity but really wish I could make it down a isle in HEB with out getting stuck in a traffic jam for 20 minutes.
8.Camping(love)
9. The pimpin' car that has "So fresh-so KILLEEN" in vinyl stickers on the back(love)
10. The pink minivan that's interior is entirely lined with shaggadellic white fur..dash board, steering wheel. So awes.
11. Whenever you drive to Austin there is ALWAYS a "amber alert" for a missing elderly. Every time. Cant they keep track of Grandpa?
12.Austin(yes)
13. My kids schoolmates have names like: Unique, Cha'niyah, Deqwane, Ja'korien, Chimkezirim, Princess, Tanischa, Markira and Markayla.(seriously love)
14. Eleanor now wants to go "wit" me, or play "wit" someone...don't know what to do wit dat..
15.Awesome garage sales all the time. Military people get rid of some good stuff.
16. Soldiers everywhere you look. USA!!USA!!
17. The few times we have ventured out to the country, the people are sooooo nice and friendly. They all say YA'LL, everyone is BABY, "come on back now" and the most precious little 5 yr old cowboy at his families feed store "Looks like we got another customer gran-paw...shoot" I died.
18.Chicken and Waffles
19.Hot wings
20. Killeen Wal-Mart might possibly be headquarters for "People of Wal-Mart"I avoid it like the plague. Sometimes I have no choice, and I'm pretty sure a always catch a nasty disease.
21.Gangs. Shootings behind my house. Shady people. Always packin' my pepper spray.
22. Love our ward, and friends we have made.
Ok thats all for now. I'm off to good ol' HEB. Please bless I don't die.


2 comments:

 Natalie said...

Oh, Manda! So good! So fun that you guys are on this little adventure.

Unknown said...

Hi, I think I have bought your old house on Virginia Street in Kaysville. We have lived here over 3 years now. Unfortunately, the Haights Creek Water is still under your name. Would you be willing to put the water in our name so that we can have access to it? Please give me a call or text. My number is 801-927-8933. Thank you so much!

Paigely